Terms of Reference Business Model Canvas Trainer & Mentor
Berytech is a leading organization in the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Lebanon, that aims to provide a conducive environment for the creation and development of startups, hence taking part in the economic revival of the country, participating in wealth and job creation, and retaining graduates and high-level skills in Lebanon.
The Asher Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (ACIE) at USEK is an incubator, established in 2017 located at USEK, that empowers youth and Lebanese individuals, by providing expertise and knowledge to stimulate new ventures in Lebanon all while connecting them with like-minded people.
Berytech has partnered up with the ACIE to bring to life phase I of the ACT Smart Innovation Hub in the North Mount Lebanese region.
Funded by the Embassy of the Netherlands in Lebanon and operating under the Berytech umbrella, the ACT Smart Innovation Hub is a groundbreaking initiative. Our primary aim is to showcase how innovation and technology can transform socio-economic and livelihood challenges in the agrifoodtech and cleantech sectors into promising opportunities. Our strategy focuses on job creation and the empowerment of entrepreneurs, all while nurturing a sustainable economy.
In the initial phase of the program, we will support ten innovative startups with a $1,500 grant dedicated to prototyping their ideas. These startups will also benefit from an intensive two-month validation program and personalized one-on-one clinics designed to enhance their business acumen and skills in critical areas, including:
- Concept Initiation
- Market Validation
- Business Model Canvas
- Prototype Development
SERVICE PROVIDER RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE OF WORK
Our selected service provider will play a pivotal role in nurturing these 10 selected startups. Key responsibilities include conducting a comprehensive four-hour workshop on Concept Initiation, as well as delivering a total of ten one-on-one clinics. During these one hour sessions, the service provider will closely monitor the progress of the startups and provide written reports to the ACIE.
The selected service provider will provide:
Concept Initiation Workshop
Our selected service provider will play a pivotal role in nurturing these 10 selected startups. Key responsibilities include conducting a comprehensive four-hour workshop on the Business Model Canvas, as well as delivering a total of ten one-on-one clinics. During these one hour sessions, the service provider will closely monitor the progress of the startups and provide written reports to the ACIE.
The selected service provider will:
Business Model Canvas Workshop
- Learn about the Business Model Canvas and its importance in the world of startups and entrepreneurship.
- Overview of a business operating model using the Business Model Canvas by evaluating Key Activities, Resources, and Partnerships.
- Get inspired with examples.
- Highlight the importance of stakeholders’ interview results in building the BMC
- Competitive Analysis exercise (what makes them stand out?) + Revenue model & revenue streams (high level pricing strategy to be clear, target number of customers, how will they generate revenues to become sustainable? etc.)
- Follow-up on the startups’ progress, program alignment, quality of deliverables, and hear the startups’ feedback over the program.
The workshop is on 2/12/2023 and services must be completed by 23/12/2023.
More information about the program and the eligibility criteria of the applicants is available on our website.
- Applications to this proposal can be from independent trainers/consultants or a legal entity, from Lebanon.
- The applicant should have at least 3 years of previous experience working with startups, ideally in the agritech and cleantech sectors, to provide insight into the unique issues that these companies may encounter.
- The applicant should have significant knowledge and expertise in concept initiation, particularly in the agritech and cleantech industries.
- The applicant should have hands-on expertise in the agritech and cleantech sectors, as well as an understanding of trends, regulations, and obstacles. This will enable them to provide startups with pertinent and up-to-date information.
- The applicant should have prior experience conducting seminars and clinics, as well as the ability to convey complicated ideas clearly and concisely. They must be able to modify their instructional approach to meet the requirements of the startup participants.
- The applicant should have an entrepreneurial mentality and be familiar with the obstacles and possibilities that come with starting a business.
- The applicant must be a strong speaker. They should be able to provide constructive and supportive comments, as well as successfully lead group talks.
The service provider will be selected based on:
- The proposal suggested and fit for the program’s objective.
- Their bio, proven track records and experience in the field required.
Your financial proposal should include a lump sum fee for the workshop and an hourly fee for the one-on-one sessions.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your proposals & resume here.